Vietnam is a multiethnic country, with over fifty distinct groups (54 are recognized by the Vietnamese government).
Vietnam ethnic mosaic is made up of nearly sixty ethnicities. The Vietnamese Government has officially recognized 54 main ethnic groups, in which the majority (85%) consists of the Kinh (or Viet).
North of Vietnam, the cultural cradle of the country, is home to many immigrant minorities from southern China. Strongly attached to their freedom and traditional ways of life, they live peacefully together in a magnificent world.
Based on the language to divide into 8 groups:
1. Mon - Khmer (Ba Na, Brau, Bru Van Kieu, Cho Ro, Co, Co Ho, Co Tu, Gie Trieng, Time, Khang, Khmer, Kho Mu, Ma, Mang, M'nong, O Du, Ro Mam, Ta Oi, Xinh Mun, Xo Dang, and Xtieng)
2. Tay - Thai (Bo Y, Giay, Lao, Lu, Nung, San Chay, Tay, and Thai)
3. Tibeto - Burman (Cong, Ha Nhi, La Hu, Lo Lo, Phu La, La and If)
4. Malayo - Polynesian (Cham, Chu Ru, E De, Gia Rai, and Ra Glai)
5. Viet - Muong (Chut, Kinh, Muong, Tho and)
6. Kadai (Co Lao, La Chi, La Ha, Pu Peo and)
7. Mong - Dao (Dao, H'mong, and Pa Then)
8. Han (Hoa, Ngai, San Diu and)